Build your Career with SHAPIRO HURST & ASSOCIATES
Now Hiring Customer Care Advocates
About Shapiro Hurst
Our mission is to improve individual’s credit scores to achieve their professional and financial goals.
We work in the credit industry but are expanding into multiple new verticals and we provide strategic business collaborations. As a strategic partner in established and emerging markets, we provide our partners new ways to capitalize additional revenue and growth of their companies. Our core values are the backbone of our business and guide our hiring process.
The Core Values of Shapiro Hurst are Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability, Transparency, Discipline and Results.
This company operates nationally and is growing rapidly.
Consumer Credit Advocate Position Summary
A Consumer Credit Advocate is responsible for reviewing Shapiro Hurst Clients credit reports, credit monitoring accounts, and preparing action plans to help our clients maximize their credit score goals. This individual will also investigate ways to improve processes, for achieving the quickest results possible for the client and company, such as maintaining developed relationships with clients, referral partners and creating new relationships in the collections industry and looking for new ways to expand the company into untapped or potential new marketplaces.
This individual will play a key role in assisting Shapiro Hurst’s clients with achieving their transformational credit development plans by setting specific credit objectives, creating and implementing strategic plans for long term credit health with the client and companies or referral partners, as well as holding themselves and their clients accountable to the plan of action. The successful candidate demonstrates strong relationship and problem-solving skills, good communication skills, ability and willingness to learn, as well as the ability to work and collaborate effectively within a highly team-centric environment.
- Oversee client credit management process from beginning to end. Including the review of credit reports, effective communication, strategic planning to overcome credit issues and deliver results for the client, maintain good communication and system notation.
- Lead acquirement, developing new referral sources, accountability for time, activities, and client results.
- Initiate ways to improve personal, professional, and financial performance of themselves and analyze business opportunities for themselves and Shapiro Hurst client’s and companies.
- Collaborate with clients to set short, mid, and long-term credit goals.
- Manage due diligence for client protection in dealing with collection companies, firms, and/or agencies.
- Create and deliver written details and summaries to Shapiro Hurst Leadership Team and clients.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams, including Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, and Professional Development
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- This position could require travel – up to 5%
Capabilities & Competencies
- Entrepreneurially oriented with strong drive and commitment toward obtaining results
- Strong blend of communication skills, strategic thinking perspective and willingness to learn and grow personally, professionally, and financially.
- Ability to thoroughly learn and implement Shapiro Hurst’s proprietary technology and support platforms.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Team orientation and strong collaborator.
- Peer leadership.
- Planning, organizing, prioritizing, and streamlining skills.
- Ability to maximize internal systems, processes, and platforms.
- Able to coordinate and balance needs of multiple stakeholders including, Leadership, Operations Team, shared services, and clients.
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years’ work experience in Credit, Finance Lending or Collections, preferably in a hands-on capacity.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill sets.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
As an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting the needs of a multigenerational and multicultural workforce Shapiro Hurst recognizes that a diverse staff, reflective of our community, is an integral and welcome part of a successful and ethical business. We hire local talent at all levels regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability, and actively foster inclusion in all forms both within our company and across interactions with clients, candidates, and partners.